Civic Engagement & Public Service Certificate
Two Info Sessions in March 2016Monday, March 7th 7:00 – 8:00pmThursday, March 10th 4:00 – 5:00pmBoth sessions will be held in 406A Goodell
- Learn how to create positive social change
- Develop the skills needed for a life of active and engaged citizenship
- Get hands-on experience connecting ideas and action
- Explore a path to a career in the civic sphere, non-profit sector, or politics
- Receive recognition for public service done while at UMass
- Learn how to connect such work to your major
What is the certificate in CEPS?
The CEPS Certificate combines theory and practical experiences in a coherent framework for students who want to learn how to be effective in building a more just and peaceful world. Here at UMass, a certificate is similar to a minor. A minor is usually in a single department. A certificate explores a complex topic using courses from several departments.
Read about Katie Elliot's experience as a CEPS Certificate student, connecting Architecture and her work with Mass Fair Housing.
Katie Elliot and Professor Ellen Pader
To explore how you can include the CEPS Certificate in your time here at UMass email us for an informational appointment CESL@umass.edu
For more information, follow the links in the left hand navigation bar.