CESL's Community for Social Progress Application
ANY first and second-year UMass students are eligible to apply who have:
- At least four semesters remaining on campus as of Fall 2014
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A commitment to community engagement and social justice
- A desire to develop leadership skills.
Application Deadline: March 2015
Applications will be posted in November 2014.
Applicants who are being considered for admission will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, please complete and submit the application below. Applicants are encouraged to review the program information contained in the CSP website. In addition, please include the following components in your application:
Submit a typed essay of up to 3 double-spaced pages that addresses the following two questions:
1. What impact do you want to have on the world with your life? Please tell a story or two about your own experience that will help us understand why you care about having this kind of impact.
2. Given the deep roots of injustice in the world, do you have hope that progress towards justice can be made? If so, why? If not, why not?