Citizen Scholars Program
We encourage applications from ANY first or second-year UMass Amherst student who has:
- At least four semesters remaining on campus as of Fall 2017,
- A commitment to community engagement and social justice,
- A commitment to rigorous academic work,
- A desire to develop leadership skills, and
- A desire to participate in a supportive learning community.
Applicants are encouraged to review the program information on this CSP website.
Apply online by April 3, 2017.
Applications received after this date will be considered if space is available.
To apply, please complete and submit the application form and materials below.
Submit a typed essay of up to 2 double-spaced pages that addresses the following question:
1. What is one change you want to see in the world and why? Please tell a story or two about your own experience that will help us understand why you care about this change.
Part of the application process is an interview with a CSP student and staff member. This interview is a chance for applicants to learn more about CSP and for the admissions committee to learn more about applicants. Please list two preferred interview times on the form below. Applicants will be contacted by email to confirm the interview time.
The list of initial interview times available can be found here.